Child-adolescent-therapy can help the child feel more at peace.No parent has a baby with the intention of providing a difficult environment for their child. Unfortunately because of parental issues, children's temperament and family dynamic growing up without psychological issues is nearly impossible is nearly impossible. .
Some childhood or adolescent problems begin through the process of development. From birth, biological predispositions, gifts and challenges are present. Babies brains change at an rapid pace sensing. By the end of the first year of life a baby has grown to be a toddle exploring the wonders of the world and environment with very little judgement or impulse control. This can be exhausting for parents.Child-Adolescent-Therapy can be helpful for evaluation and treatment.
Helpful Thought !
When your child repeats behaviors that are difficult and you feel like pulling your hair out. If you can try not to judge but wonder why your child is acting or reacting. Sometimes if you take some guessses even young children will tell you what they are feeling or thinking about.
Young children communicate and release their thoughts and feelings differently than adults. Children often play out their problems either using their own creations or just by playing a simple game. A therapist can learn from the way in which the child plays the game.
Child and Adolescent Therapy
Treatment for children and adolescents can involve a whole team of people. I participate in a varieties of interventions given the needs of the child and the parents permission. Some of these treatment methods include:
- Talk Therapy- Children and especially adolescents often prefer to talk with someone outside of their family or social circle. They want to be understood and feel safe not to be judged. My job is to help them to express feelings and understand reasons for behavior.
- Play Therapy
- Family Therapy- Families can be complicated. Each member has his/her needs temperament and usually fulfills a role in the family. Sometimes one child is brought to therapy and in the literature is called the identified patient. The child or adolescent that is the identified patient is often acting out problems in the dynamic of the entire family.
- Divorced or Blended Families- Often children need to come to sessions with each set of parents separately.
- School Problems- In providing aid to the parents and advocacy for the child I provide a wide range of services. These include school observations, attending and providing input for Individual Educational Plan Meetings. Communicating with teacher, counselor and any other member of the school to help benefit the child.
- Helping parents find the best school placement that fits the learning style, needs and behaviors the child exhibits.
- Home or School Visits by therapist can assist in gaining further information regarding difficulties children are experiencing.
Please Contact Us For Help with Your Child
For more information about relationships between parent and children See Karen Chambre's Site Parent-Advisors.com